School Programs Guide
Download our 2014-2015 School Programs Guide
for a complete look at all the zoo has to offer! Inside, you’ll find essential Field Trip information, details on free programs, plus valuable coupons!
See current admission prices for school groups.
Field Trip Tips
- Stay safe by bringing one chaperone for every 5 to 8 students. Chaperones should know your educational goals, guide behavior, and remain with students at all times.
- Park buses at the Foellinger Theater and follow the paved walkway to the zoo. Allow at least three hours for your zoo visit.
- We strive to accommodate all special needs. The entire zoo is accessible. Assisted Listening Devices and large print transcripts are available for education programs with advance notice. Email us or call 260-427-6808.
- Feeding animals is not permitted, except for the giraffes, ducks, and goats, using only food purchased at the zoo.
- Bring sack lunches, store them on your bus, and take a picnic in the park. Simply check with the cashier to reenter the zoo after lunch. Or, you may order box lunches for your group from the zoo’s concessions. Orders must be placed at least one week in advance and must be paid for on the day of your visit. Call (260) 427-1080 or send an e-mail to place your order.
- The zoo’s Wild Things Gift Shop offers souvenir Treasure Bags as a convenience to teachers and students. Order Treasure Bags at least two weeks before your field trip and we’ll have them waiting for you on the day of your visit. Treasure Bags contain student favorites like pens, pencils, stickers, tattoos, fans, erasers, plastic animals, and more. To order, e-mail the Wild Things Gift Shop, call 260-427-6810 or FAX 260-427-6814.
Mini-classes are 20-minute programs held during your zoo field trip. Classes are led by trained volunteers. Programs are offered every half hour beginning at 9:30 am on weekdays. No additional charge beyond zoo admission. Topics include:
- Down on the Farm (PreK)
- Bringing Up Baby (Grade K)
- Fur, Feathers, and Scales (Grade 1)
- Related to Reptiles (Grade 2)
- Going, Going, Gone (Grade 3)
- The Web of Life (Grade 4)
- Zoo Careers (Grades 5–8)
To schedule your Mini-Class, contact the zoo Education Department at email@example.com or 260-427-6808.