Zoo Education Internship
Assist Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo Education Department with programming and ongoing projects.
Assist with various tasks in the Zoo Education Department, which may include:
- On-site and/or outreach program development and presentation
- Development and/or maintenance of education program materials, graphics and displays
- Small animal handling
- Providing assistance to zoo volunteers in educational presentations
Duties may vary with season.
- College student who has completed at least one year toward undergraduate degree in education, biology, zoology, environmental science or related field.
- Experience teaching children and youth in a formal or recreational setting.
- Demonstrated interest in zoo education.
- Must be outgoing, adaptable, and able to plan and carry out a variety of activities with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
Education interns will work 20 to 40 hours per week; weekend, holiday or irregular hours may be required. Internships last six to twelve weeks. May through September is preferred; shorter internships will be considered for October through April. Duration of the internship is flexible to meet the student’s school requirements.
Internships at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo are unpaid positions. There is no housing or stipend offered by the zoo. Interns will work as volunteers for the duration of their internship.
The zoo staff is happy to provide necessary documentation for the student’s college credit.
Complete the application online. If you have questions, contact the Volunteer Manager at 260-427-6828 or email@example.com