Internship – Public Relations/Event Planning
Public Relations/Event Planning Internship
Support the zoo’s communications, education, and development staff by assisting with public relations and event planning.
- Assist with creation, promotion, and delivery of special events.
- Assist with development and set up of fundraising activities.
- Assist with writing media releases and articles for zoo publications.
- Assist with various design projects as needed.
- Assist members of the education department with programs as needed.
- College student pursuing a degree in public relations,event planning, tourism, communications, or other related field.
- Experience planning large or small events for schools or community groups.
- Must be outgoing, adaptable, and able to plan and carry out a variety of activities with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
Public Relations/Event Planning interns will work 20 to 40 hours per week; weekend, holiday or irregular hours may be required. May through August is preferred; shorter internships will be considered for October through April. Duration of the internship is flexible to meet the student’s school requirements.
Internships at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo are unpaid positions. There is no housing or stipend offered by the zoo. Interns will work as volunteers for the duration of their internship.
The zoo staff is happy to provide necessary documentation for the student’s college credit.