Add to the visitors’ experience by providing various interactive recreational activities throughout the zoo to individuals and small groups.
- Plan, develop, and implement a variety of brief recreational activities to add value and variety to the zoo visitors’ experience, including but not limited to games, face painting, etc.
- Circulate zoo grounds offering these activities.
- Assist with the delivery of special events.
- College student pursuing a degree in recreation, education or other related field.
- Must be outgoing, adaptable, and able to plan and carry out a variety of activities.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
Recreation internships are available during zoo’s open season from the last Saturday of April through mid-October. Duration of the internship is flexible to meet the student’s school requirements.
Internships at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo are unpaid positions. There is no housing or stipend offered by the zoo. Interns will work as volunteers for the duration of their internship.
The zoo staff is happy to provide necessary documentation for the student’s college credit.
Complete an application online. If you have questions, contact the Volunteer Manager at 260-427-6828 or firstname.lastname@example.org