Hosted by the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
This workshop is intended to provide up-to-date information about the proper care and management of orangutans in a variety of settings. This year, we hope to have a wide variety of topics including husbandry, medical, and training, along with a highlighted theme regarding the discovery of the Tapanuli species of orangutan.
AUGUST 25, 2019 – SSP MEETINGS
AUGUST 26-28, 2019 – WORKSHOP
AUGUST 29, 2019 – OPTIONAL POST TRIP
(SEE ITINERARY BELOW)
Quick and easy breakfast options and lunches/snack breaks will be included each day.
- Steering Committee Meetings (Closed)
- Ice Breaker evening
- Free evening
- Presentations AM/PM
- Keynote late afternoon
- Banquet/Silent Auction at Zoo in evening
- Presentations AM
- Zoo Day
- Post Trip to Toledo Zoo (1.5hr drive)
Courtyard Marriott Downtown Fort Wayne
1150 South Harrison Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802, US
The Courtyard Marriott located in downtown Fort Wayne is now accepting hotel reservations for the workshop event ($119/night/room). Book, modify or cancel your hotel reservations and receive updated information about the event by using the button below.
Group Cutoff Date: July 26, 2019
All reservations must be made by this date. Guests may also call 260-490-3629, option 1, to book over the phone.
A shuttle to and from the Fort Wayne International Airport will be available from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM. If guests would like to request a shuttle, they will want to contact the front desk directly at 260-490-3629 to reserve their time.
Transportation will be provided each day to and from the Courtyard Marriott to the workshop at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo.
About the Orangutan Species Survival Plan® (SSP)
Formed in 1988, the Orangutan SSP is a group of dedicated professionals with five primary goals:
- Ensuring the genetic and demographic health of the captive population
- Advancing the care of captive orangutans
- Engaging in research to help learn more about orangutans and their care
- Educating the public about critical orangutan issues
- Partnering with other organizations that seek to improve the lives of wild and captive orangutans
Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo